Friday 4 December 2015

Waxwing

I headed in the wrong direction today. I had just got to Bamburgh when I got news of the Surf Scoter at Hartlepool. Toyed with turning straight round, but I'm hoping it hangs around!

Disappointing at Stag Rocks with no sign of the hoped for Bonaparte's Gull. Very little on the sea here, but there were 100+ Purple Sandpiper on the rocks and 50+ Twite lifted from the beach.

Further south a cracking Merlin shot along the hedge at Druridge. The Black-throated Diver was at East Chevington along with 50+ Goldeneye. At Widdrington Lake the Slavonian Grebe was showing distantly.

On the way home I stopped at Woodhorn Motors in Ashington where I briefly had 3 Waxwing trilling in the tree tops. Unfortunately they were unwilling to drop onto the berries guarded by 4 Mistle Thrush.


Waxwing
Mistle Thrush

No comments:

Post a Comment