Saturday 13 May 2017

Citrine Wagtail

Luckily the Citrine Wagtail at Lynemouth hung around for me to finish work. I was apprehensive driving to the coast as it got duller and foggier the closer I got. No need to worry as it was showing well, although fairly distantly, before flying closer. Eventually point-blank views as it walked the water's edge less than ten feet away.

Citrine Wagtail





On Thursday I had an unsuccessful trip to Boulmer, where the Dotterel had disappeared overnight, followed by an unsuccessful hunt for Wood Warbler. Loads of Pied Flycatcher and Redstart, plus my first Cuckoo of the year. A single Green Hairstreak was on the wing above Muggleswick.

Green Hairstreak
A text from George got me down to Shibdon where an unseasonal Whooper Swan had dropped in with a flock of Mutes.

Whooper Swan






No comments:

Post a Comment